BorgWarner EFR 9180 Series Turbo (179358) Universal Performance, 600-1000HP
BW EFR 9180 turbo. (600-1000 HP Rating)
"The Borg Warner EFR 9180 is the largest turbo of the EFR series. Huge 1000 HP capable & second to none response will make the EFR 9180 the heaviest hitter in it's class of 67mm turbos & is the new standard by which all others are judged. We refer to it as the "Advantage" & for good reason. 94lb/min of airflow without "choking" at very high boost levels thanks, to it's Forged Billet Aluminum, 67.7mm inducer, 91mm OD exducer extended tip compressor wheel. Matched with it's 80mm OD Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel, the EFR 9180 is the 67mm cream of the crop. Suitable for street use with larger engines & perfect for 67mm spec drag classes on smaller engines alike.
BorgWarner EFR (Engineered For Racing) Series turbos are purpose built units for the performance market & meet the needs of the next generation turbo consumer. Revolutionary from the ground up, each incorporates a long list of features never before seen in a single package. All old technology has been thrown away completely & the result is a whole new breed of turbo, packed full of cutting edge advancements. Great emphases has been put towards a more compact design, making each EFR the ideal choice for applications with limited space available. Outstanding ease of installation & budget friendly (thanks to their 'total package' platform) every EFR eliminates the need to purchase/fabricate/install a separate blow of valve & related flanges/tubing due to their already integrated BOV. The internally wastegated units present another large advantage in savings & install simplicity by eliminating the need for an external wastegate(s), related fab work & otherwise cumbersome materials.
* Low inertia, Forged Billet Aluminum Compressor Wheel w/ Extended Tip Technology (ETT) provides the ultimate in response & extreme durability in high pressure applications.
* Speed sensor mounting provisions
* Built In BOV Included (All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV)
* Boost Control Solenoid Included
* Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
* Compressor Wheel Exducer (OD): 91mm
* Max Flow Rate: 94 lb/min
* Housing: 4" inlet w/ Anti-Surge Ported Shroud, 2.5" hose coupler outlet w/ integrated V-band option
* Gamma-Ti turbine wheel cuts turbine inertia up to 50%, dramatically improving turbo response & permitting high rotational speeds.
* Solid Stainless Steel Investment Cast thin wall turbine housing for extreme durability, huge weight reductions & lowered thermal inertia. Very smooth internal channels promote peak flow.
* Adjustable Internal wastegate actuator Included (internal wastegated units only)
* Large internal wastegate ports handle the flow requirements of high performance engines. (internal wastegated units only)
* Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
* Available Housing Option #1: T3 Single Scroll Inlet, 3" (92mm OD) V-band downpipe discharge, .83 A/R, w/ Internal Wastegate
* Available Housing Option #2: T4 Divided / Twin Scroll Inlet, 3" (92mm OD) V-band downpipe discharge, 1.05 A/R, Non-Internal wastegate. (for use with external wastegate only)
* Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearing Design (extreme durability & the lowest friction / fastest spooling bearing design produced to date)
* Built-in -4 AN oil control orifice included (no restrictor needed)
* Water-cooled ( water-cooling is recommended but not mandatory)
* Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability & resistance to oil seepage
Note: #1 The turbo part number changes based on the turbine housing selected. The following part number(s) apply to this turbo. P/N: 179358 (T3), 179394 (T4 Non-WG)
Note #2: ALL of our Borg Warner turbochargers are fully balanced, brand new units from the factory & include BW's 1 year manufacturers warranty."